A true missionary, who never ceases to be a disciple, knows that Jesus walks with him, speaks to him, breathes with him, works with him. – Pope Francis
Transform your family. Transform your parish. Be equipped to be a missionary disciple.
The Missionary Discipleship journey consists of three 4-week sessions. Each week includes time for reflection, prayer and Eucharistic Adoration.
FALL – Hearing God’s Call to the Heart
- Session 1: The Kerygma: Who is Jesus for me? How have I encountered him?
- Session 2: Basic foundations and practical helps for personal prayer.
- Session 3: Approaches to prayer.
- Session 4: Various difficulties experienced in prayer and what to do about them.
WINTER – Understanding and Living the Call
- Session 1: Vocation – Integrating the contemplative life and active life.
- Session 2: Conviction and character.
- Session 3: Gifts and skills.
- Session 4: The importance of the Institution, both in the Church and in the family.
SPRING – Being a Disciple in Family and Parish
- Session 1: Being a disciple in family and parish – Thresholds of Conversion
- Session 2: Creating a culture of encounter
- Session 3: Domestic Church and witnessing in the family
- Session 4: Testimony and witness
Cost: $150 per person – Includes all three sessions October – May and materials.
Location and Dates (Register online)
Church of the Epiphany, Coon Rapids (Open to all ages)
7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Session 1: Tuesdays, October 8, 15, 22, and 29, 2019
- Session 2: Tuesdays, February 4, 11, 18 and 25, 2020
- Session 3: Tuesdays, April 28, May 5, 12 and 19, 2020
Questions? Contact Susanna Parent at 651-291-4411 or email@example.com.
Bishop Cozzens invites you to sign up for the Missionary Discipleship Series!