A true missionary, who never ceases to be a disciple, knows that Jesus walks with him, speaks to him, breathes with him, works with him. – Pope Francis
Be transformed and transform the world.
The Missionary Discipleship journey consists of three 4-week sessions. Each week includes time for reflection, prayer, Q&A and discussion. Some of the speakers for this series include Father Steven Borello, Dr. Michael Naughton, Molly Schorr, and Patrick Conley, plus special video presentations by Bishop Andrew Cozzens and Father Francis J. Hoffman (“Father Rocky”) of Relevant Radio.
FALL – Hearing God’s Call to the Heart
- Session 1: The Kerygma: Who is Jesus for me? How have I encountered him?
- Session 2: Basic foundations and practical helps for personal prayer.
- Session 3: Approaches to prayer.
- Session 4: Various difficulties experienced in prayer and what to do about them.
WINTER – Understanding and Living the Call
- Session 1: Vocation – Integrating the contemplative life and active life.
- Session 2: Conviction and character.
- Session 3: Gifts and skills.
- Session 4: The importance of the Institution, both in the Church and in the family.
SPRING – Being a Disciple in Family and Parish
- Session 1: Being a disciple in family and parish – Thresholds of Conversion
- Session 2: Creating a culture of encounter
- Session 3: Domestic Church and witnessing in the family
- Session 4: Testimony and witness
Speakers at St. Hubert, Chanhassen include: Archbishop Hebda, Father Rolf Tollefson, Father Steven Hoffman, Dr. Michael Naughton, Gaby Quillan, Patrick Conley, Sean Lavell, Jessica Balzarini and Molly Schorr.
Speakers at Saint Peter, Mendota include: Father Steven Borello, Father Nick Hagen, Father Ben Little, Dr. Michael Naughton, Gaby Quillan, Patrick Conley, Sean Lavell, Jessica Balzarini and Molly Schorr.
Also included for all participants:
- One Called and Gifted™ workshop on Saturday, March 9 ( Hubert, Chanhassen)
Cost: $150 per person – Includes all three sessions October – May, materials, Called and Gifted™ workshop and evening of Adoration.
TWO LOCATION OPTIONS (Register online)
7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Session 1: Tuesdays, October 9, 16, 23, and 30
- Session 2: Tuesdays, February 5, 12, 26 and March 5
- Session 3: Tuesdays, April 23, 30 and May 14 and 21
7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Session 1: Thursdays, October 4, 11, 18, 25
- Session 2: Thursdays, February 7, 14, 21, 28
- Session 3: Thursdays, May 9, 16, 23, 30
Questions? Contact Susanna Parent at 651-291-4411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bishop Cozzens invites you to sign up for the Missionary Discipleship Series!