The Communications Office is responsible for ensuring effective ongoing two-way communications between the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis and the many publics it serves. The Office is also charged with communicating the spiritual messages and theological teachings of the Church as articulated through the Archbishop and his auxiliary bishops.
The Communications Office accomplishes these responsibilities through:
- Serving as the spokesperson/source for the Archdiocese.
- Developing an annual strategic communications plan.
- Assisting other Archdiocesan offices and parishes with their communications needs.
- Forging relationships with the various news media sources.
- Creating media exposure opportunities to raise awareness for the Archdiocese and its programs.
- Preparing public statements.
- Keeping the website current, useful, informative, and easy to navigate.
- Acting as a “first responder” to concerns and questions from pastors, parishioners, the media, and others.
- Working with the Human Resources department to keep employees continually informed of important news and respond to their inquiries.