St. Margaret Mary was established in 1946. The first Mass was
celebrated by Fr. John Phelan on January 14 of that year, in the
basement of the administration building at Glenwood Hills Hospital.
The building that currently serves as the church was dedicated in 1959.
It was supposed to be the school gym until a permanent structure could
be built. The school building opened in September 1953. Additional
classrooms were added in 1959. Enrollment peaked in 1965 with 720
students, and later decreased over the decades to 183. The school closed in 1995.