From Archbishop Bernard A. Hebda
I am pleased to announce the formation of an Economic Impact Task Force during this time of economic instability and uncertainly due to COVID-19/coronavirus. The purpose of the task force is twofold:
- Monitor the financial situations of parishes, schools and the Archdiocesan Catholic Center
- Identify resources, private and public, to assist with parishes and schools in financial crisis
To address the critical and urgent purpose of the task force, I have appointed the following team which will be convened by the Very Rev. Charles V. Lachowitzer, Vicar General and Moderator of the Archdiocesan Curia:
- Al Erickson, Managing Director, Catholic Finance Corporation
- Jean Houghton, President, Aim Higher Foundation
- Doug Milroy, Former Chairman and CEO, G&K Services, Inc.
- Dan Statsick, Chair, Archdiocesan Finance Council and Corporate Board
I am grateful that the members of the task force are willing to share their experience and expertise with this local Church during such a critical time.
This task force will be assisted by Tom Mertens, Archdiocesan CFO, and Dr. Jason Slattery, Director of the Archdiocesan Office for the Mission of Catholic Education. The team is expected to consult with pastors, principals and parish and school business administrators.
Please join me in praying for this task force and for all who are impacted by this unfortunate pandemic.